U.S. Citizen Services
The American Citizen Services (ACS) section provides information and assistance to American citizens in Yemen. American Citizen Services consists of the Passport & Citizenship and Special Consular Services units.
- If you are an American citizen in an emergency situation, or if you are a relative of an American citizen in an emergency situation, please click for assistance.
- If you are an American citizen and want to apply for American citizenship and an American passport for your child born in Yemen, click on more information.
- If you wish to renew an American passport, click on more information.
- If you have lost your American passport or it has been stolen, click on more information.
- If you require a notarial service, please click on more information.
- If you require information about voting in US elections while overseas, please click on more information.
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
The State Department recently launched a secure online travel registration website which will allow you, as an American citizen, to record foreign trip and residence information that the Department of State can use to communicate with you and assist you in case of an emergency.
- U.S. citizens around the world who travel or reside abroad can access this site either through a link on Travel.State.gov or directly at the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program home page. We invite you to register yourself and your family and get acquainted with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
- The new Smart Traveler Enrollment Program for American citizens allows you to enroll and update your contact information on the Internet at any time, making it easier for you to keep your information current. The site also provides you with up-to-date travel information customized to your unique travel agenda and itinerary. The data you provide is secured behind Department of State firewalls, accessed only by cleared personnel in Embassies, Consulates, and the Department of State, and releasable only under the provisions of the Privacy Act.
If you have specific questions about your enrollment in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program with U.S. Embassy Sana’a, please contact us at SanaaACS@state.gov
- US Embassy Sanaa Warden Messages
- The Department of State provides information for every country, which includes such information as the location of US Embassies and Consulates, immigration practices, health conditions, minor political disturbances, currency, crime and security information. Read the latest Country Specific Information for Yemen.
- Worldwide Caution has been issued to American citizens traveling and residing abroad.
- Register to vote! Click on more information.