MEPI 2011 Youth Summer Leadership Program
The Office of the U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative and the US Embassy Sana’a are pleased to announce. This program will last for approximately six weeks scheduled to take place in summer 2013 from June 22 - August 3, 2013. The program further allows participants to gain exposure to U.S. academic, classroom, professional, and social culture through interaction with U.S. Faculty and student peers and participating in volunteer work and internships.
Candidate Description and Qualifications: Candidates must
- Be 18 to 24 years of age;
- Demonstrate English language ability;
- Be committed to returning to their home country/community following completion of the program;
- Demonstrate strong leadership potential;
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- Have a sustained high level of academic achievement;
- Demonstrate a commitment to civic engagement;
- Have no prior travel experience in the United States and limited to no study or travel experience outside their home country;
- Are willing and able to participate fully in intensive academic, community service, and educational travel activities;
- Are comfortable with campus life, sharing living accommodations while traveling with a multinational group of participants from the Middle East and North Africa region and with U.S. citizens, and making adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home countries/communities; and
- Are comfortable spending a portion of Ramadan in the U.S.
A complete application will include the following materials:
- Application form (PDF_152KB)
- 500 words or less in responses available in the application form.
- Updated resume/CV highlighting civic engagement, leadership and/or work experience, extracurricular activities, and
- academic honors;
- Valid passport
- Translated Academic Transcript
The deadline for applications is Februrary 5, 2013.
Applications are accepted via emails to PASSanaa@state.gov