Renewing your passport and/or amending your legal name on your passport
Submit Form DS-82 (PDF_245KB) if all of the following are true:
- You are able to submit your most recent passport;
- You were at least 16 years old when that passport was issued;
- That passport was issued less than 15 years ago.
Applicants must bring photocopies of their documents (in addition to the originals):
For adult (over 16 years old) Passport Renewals, applicants need to bring with them:
- Original and photocopies of their most recently issued U.S. passport
For Passport Renewals for children, we need the parents to bring:
- Original and photocopies of each child’s most recently issued U.S. passport
- Original and photocopies of each parent’s most recently issued U.S. passport
- Original and photocopies of each child’s citizenship document (Consular Report of Birth Abroad or U.S. Birth Certificate)
Completing the application
Please type or print legibly when completing all sections of the application. Please print out and submit only one-sided pages of the application.
Please disregard instructions and addresses on the online forms, and submit the following to the consular section at the US Embassy in Sanaa:
- Fully completed passport application (Form DS-82 (PDF_717KB));
- Most recent US passport;
- Two (2) US sized passport photographs;
- Applicable fee* (All fees are subject to change without notice);
- If applicable - Original documentation to support name change or change of other descriptive data (certified photocopies are not acceptable);
- For damaged passports: a signed statement outlining the reason the passport is damaged.
- Make an appointment to submit your application at the US Embassy in Sanaa.