DS-11 (Adults over 16)
Adult (over the age of 16) Application for First US Passport
Applicants over the age of 16 who have never been documented as a US citizen must first establish their claim to US citizenship. Applicants under the age of 18 should refer to the information regarding Consular Report of Birth Abroad, while applicants over age 18 should refer to the information regarding a derivative claim to US citizenship.
The application must be signed by the applicant in the presence of a Consular Officer at the US Embassy in Sanaa.
Completing the application
Please type or print legibly in black ink.
To be presented in person at the Embassy:
- Completed (but not signed) passport application (Form DS-11) (PDF_88.7KB).
- Evidence of US citizenship;
- Evidence of identity;
- Two (2) US sized passport photographs.
- If applicable - Original documentation to support name change or change of other descriptive data (certified photocopies are not acceptable);
- Applicable fee.
- Make an appointment to submit your application at the US Embassy in Sanaa.
*SPECIAL NOTICE: You are required to bring photocopies of all documents submitted (excluding the application forms); if you do not bring photocopies, you may be charged a photocopying fee of USD$1 per page according to the consular fee schedule*